I'm dragging my way through a heavy funk... so here (in no particular order) are some of my home remedies for depression.
- good food - home made is best & it keeps me occupied making something
- drink lots of water
- time with Baby N - being his obstacle course; watching Blue's Clues together
- time with L - listening to him over morning coffee; sitting together at the end of the day
- practice gratitude - remember & name the good things
- keep a routine
- wear comfy clothes & shoes
- log the evidence of the positive - photos, completed "to do" lists, emails from friends
- do something for someone else - try on someone else's point of view & emotion then respond, send a note or money or show up or...
- light a candle - my prayers are stuck deep inside of me
- go to church - be with folks who make no demands of me; witness their faith
- kindreds & inspirers - I'm really careful about what I read & look at these days... I've found some wonderful blogs that serve up breadcrumbs for the way out of these woods
What gets you through? & keeps you connected?