- counting down the days until I marry to J, my beloved, kind, thoughtful, smart, funny, comfortable, and challenging partner
- anticipating and responding to the needs and interests of young N. enrolling him in an alternative school "Big Picture," circus lessons, summer camp, maintaining weekly visits with his dad, providing lots of listening, hugs, kisses, encouragement, and, yes, correction
- working my day-job as an executive assistant with a local school district. enjoying friendly, supportive coworkers, participating in a team, grateful for down-to-earth bosses
- resuming and recommitting to positive habits for my physical health. seeing initial results that encourage me. setting big new goals
- simmering my vocation on the back burner. I facilitated my first Madwoman retreat this year, which left me with mixed feelings and a stew of thoughts. since then, the pragmatics of daily life reclaimed my focus. what do I want to try next - more events, revise the program, resume writing, all of this, more or other than this?
- savoring home ownership and homelife with J, young N, and four cats.
Now is a good time and place for me.
Here are a few things that make Now so good:
Out of the Attic
This blog started in 2006
on Blogger as
Out of the Attic.
I began posting here in April 2014. Please visit the original site for the rest of the story on topics like: